Mercury rises marginally in Punjab, Haryana
New Delhi: Parts of north India continued to reel under cold conditions on Wednesday though the mercury inched upwards in Punjab and Haryana providing relief to the people.
There was no major change in the weather in Delhi as temperatures remained normal on a sunny day.
The day temperature in the national capital was recorded at 23.4 degrees Celsius, normal for this part of the season, while the minimum was 10.3 degrees, slightly above yesterday`s 9.5 degrees.
The cold prevailed in higher reaches of Himachal Pradesh even as temperatures in lower hills rose by a few notches with the weather remaining dry under clear skies.
Keylong and Kalpa in Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts were grappling with biting cold recording lows of -6.1 and -5.6 degrees respectively while the minimum in Manali touched 0.8 degrees.
The chill was also palpable across Kashmir Valley though minimum temperatures in the Ladakh region appreciated by several degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees, same as the previous night, while the scenic Gulmarg ski resort saw the mercury settling at -7.8 degrees as compared to -8.6 degrees the night before.
Ladakh region, however, experienced a slight increase in night temperatures with Leh registering a low of -12.6 degrees as against the previous night`s -14.1.
The cold had relented at many places in Punjab and Haryana as minimum temperatures rose a couple of notches above normal.
Chandigarh registered a low of 9.9 degrees, two notches above normal, while in Haryana`s Ambala the minimum was up a notch to settle at 9.8 degrees.
Amritsar, where conditions had been especially cold in the past few days, registered an increase of two notches in the minimum which touched 8 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal