Mercury rises marginally in Punjab, Haryana
New Delhi: Parts of north India continued to reel under cold conditions on Wednesday though the mercury inched upwards in Punjab and Haryana providing relief to the people.
There was no major change in the weather in Delhi as temperatures remained normal on a sunny day.
The day temperature in the national capital was recorded at 23.4 degrees Celsius, normal for this part of the season, while the minimum was 10.3 degrees, slightly above yesterday`s 9.5 degrees.
The cold prevailed in higher reaches of Himachal Pradesh even as temperatures in lower hills rose by a few notches with the weather remaining dry under clear skies.
Keylong and Kalpa in Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts were grappling with biting cold recording lows of -6.1 and -5.6 degrees respectively while the minimum in Manali touched 0.8 degrees.
The chill was also palpable across Kashmir Valley though minimum temperatures in the Ladakh region appreciated by several degrees.
Srinagar recorded a low of 0.5 degrees, same as the previous night, while the scenic Gulmarg ski resort saw the mercury settling at -7.8 degrees as compared to -8.6 degrees the night before.
Ladakh region, however, experienced a slight increase in night temperatures with Leh registering a low of -12.6 degrees as against the previous night`s -14.1.
The cold had relented at many places in Punjab and Haryana as minimum temperatures rose a couple of notches above normal.
Chandigarh registered a low of 9.9 degrees, two notches above normal, while in Haryana`s Ambala the minimum was up a notch to settle at 9.8 degrees.
Amritsar, where conditions had been especially cold in the past few days, registered an increase of two notches in the minimum which touched 8 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands