Mercury soars in Punjab, Haryana; Amritsar hottest at 37.2 C
Chandigarh: With weather remaining generally dry during the past couple of days, maximum temperatures across Punjab and Haryana have started to soar, with mercury on Sunday hovering 2-4 notches above normal at many places.
Amritsar was the hottest place in the two states, recording a maximum of 37.2 degrees Celsius, four degrees above normal, the MeT office said here.
Patiala, too, experienced the sultry weather recording a high of 35.5 deg C, up two notches while Ludhiana`s maximum settled at 34 deg C, up one degree.
Hisar in Haryana, too, braved a hot and humid day at 36 deg C, up one degree while Ambala`s maximum settled at 35.1 deg C, up two notches.
Narnaul recorded a high of 35.5 deg C.
Chandigarh, the common capital of the two states, experienced sultry weather today, with maximum temperature settling at 35 deg C, up two notches.
According to the MeT office, during the past 2-3 days, the humidity levels too have increased in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof