Migrant woman burnt alive in accidental fire
Phagwara: A migrant woman was burnt alive when a fire broke out in her hut at village Khajurala, 8 kms from here, along the national highway, police said on Tuesday.
Vinni and her husband Mukaan, a migrant labourer, were sleeping in their hut after lighting an earthen lamp. When suddenly the house caught fire due to the flame of the lamp yesterday.
The woman died in the incident, they said, adding her husband had escaped unhurt.
The body has been sent for a post mortem examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH