Migrant woman burnt alive in accidental fire
Phagwara: A migrant woman was burnt alive when a fire broke out in her hut at village Khajurala, 8 kms from here, along the national highway, police said on Tuesday.
Vinni and her husband Mukaan, a migrant labourer, were sleeping in their hut after lighting an earthen lamp. When suddenly the house caught fire due to the flame of the lamp yesterday.
The woman died in the incident, they said, adding her husband had escaped unhurt.
The body has been sent for a post mortem examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Six scientists about to wrap up yearlong Mars simulation in Hawaii
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation