Migrant woman burnt alive in accidental fire
Phagwara: A migrant woman was burnt alive when a fire broke out in her hut at village Khajurala, 8 kms from here, along the national highway, police said on Tuesday.
Vinni and her husband Mukaan, a migrant labourer, were sleeping in their hut after lighting an earthen lamp. When suddenly the house caught fire due to the flame of the lamp yesterday.
The woman died in the incident, they said, adding her husband had escaped unhurt.
The body has been sent for a post mortem examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees