Migrant woman burnt alive in accidental fire
Phagwara: A migrant woman was burnt alive when a fire broke out in her hut at village Khajurala, 8 kms from here, along the national highway, police said on Tuesday.
Vinni and her husband Mukaan, a migrant labourer, were sleeping in their hut after lighting an earthen lamp. When suddenly the house caught fire due to the flame of the lamp yesterday.
The woman died in the incident, they said, adding her husband had escaped unhurt.
The body has been sent for a post mortem examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman