Minimum temperature rises; fog affects normal life
Chandigarh: Minimum temperatures across
Punjab and Haryana rose on Monday providing relief to people from
cold even as fog affected normal life in many places.
A western disturbance hovered over the two states and
moisture from a cyclonic storm brought in the cloud cover.
"A Western Disturbance prevails over the region which is
bringing in cloud cover, leading to the rise in minimum
"Besides, the moisture-laden winds from the cyclone Thane
has also affected the temperatures in this region. We expect
mercury to fall marginally after about two days after which
again there will be slight increase in the minimum
temperatures," MeT office Director Surinder Pal said.
Chandigarh recorded a minimum of 10.4 degrees Celsius,
five notches more than normal level, the MeT Office said here.
In Punjab, Patiala registered a low of 10 degree Celsius,
up four notches, while the minimum at Ludhiana also witnessed
an increase to settle at 7.8 degree Celsius, up two degrees.
Though Amritsar recorded a 4 degree Celsius minimum, it
was a degree above normal. However, the three Punjab towns saw
early morning fog reduce visibility.
Karnal in Haryana recorded a low of 10.6 degree Celsius,
up four notches, while Ambala saw a jump by five notches in
its minimum to settle at 11 degree Celsius.
Rohtak recorded a low of 9.4 degree Celsius, up three
degrees, while the low at Hisar was 5.6 degree Celsius, up one
Fog also prevailed in Ambala, Hisar, Karnal and Rohtak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state