Minimum temperatures drop in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: After a brief spell of warm
weather, minimum temperatures in most parts of Punjab and
Haryana fell sharply, renewing cold conditions in the region.
Amritsar was the coldest with a low of 3.8 degrees
Celsius, which was three notches below normal, the Met office
said on Friday.
Narnaul recorded minimum temperature of 7.6 degrees
Celsius, one notch below normal, while Hisar settled at a low
of 8.2 degrees Celsius, two notches below normal.
The mercury dipped by one notch at Karnal, which had a
low of 9 degrees Celsius, while Ludhiana and Patiala both
recorded 9.1 degrees Celsius.
Chandigarh had a low of 10.6 degrees Celsius and Ambala
settled at 11.3 degrees Celsius, both recording minimum
temperatures two notches above normal.
The Met forecast partly cloudy sky with possibility of
thunder in the region during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery