Minimum temperatures drop in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: After a brief spell of warm
weather, minimum temperatures in most parts of Punjab and
Haryana fell sharply, renewing cold conditions in the region.
Amritsar was the coldest with a low of 3.8 degrees
Celsius, which was three notches below normal, the Met office
said on Friday.
Narnaul recorded minimum temperature of 7.6 degrees
Celsius, one notch below normal, while Hisar settled at a low
of 8.2 degrees Celsius, two notches below normal.
The mercury dipped by one notch at Karnal, which had a
low of 9 degrees Celsius, while Ludhiana and Patiala both
recorded 9.1 degrees Celsius.
Chandigarh had a low of 10.6 degrees Celsius and Ambala
settled at 11.3 degrees Celsius, both recording minimum
temperatures two notches above normal.
The Met forecast partly cloudy sky with possibility of
thunder in the region during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences