Minimum temperatures hover above normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: The minimum temperatures hovered a few notches above normal across Punjab and Haryana on Monday.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 8.6 degrees Celsius, one notch above normal, the MeT here said.
In Punjab, Amritsar registered a low of 10.1 deg C, up five notches, while Ludhiana`s minimum settled at 9.8 deg C, four above normal.
Patiala and Adampur recorded an identical low of 10.6 deg C.
Hisar and Ambala in Haryana also recorded above normal minimums at 8.3 deg C and 10 deg C, respectively.
Karnal registered a low of 8.4 deg C, while Narnaul (7.2 deg C) and Bhiwani (9 deg C) also registered above normal minimum temperatures.
A MeT official said that fog prevailed at Chandigarh airport area this morning. Visibility was also less at Ambala and Karnal due to foggy conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli