Minimum temperatures in Punjab, Haryana hover above normal
Chandigarh: Minimum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana on Monday hovered above the normal even as some parts of the two states received light rains.
A bright sun shine greeted the Chandigarh residents, even as the minimum here settled at 9.7 degrees Celsius, three degrees above the normal level, the MeT office said here.
In Haryana, Ambala registered a low of 10.9 degrees Celsius, up four notches while Hisar`s low of 7.6 degrees Celsius was up by a degree.
Karnal recorded a low of 9.5 degrees Celsius, one above normal while Narnaul`s low of 8.3 degrees Celsius settled two notches above the range.
In Punjab, Ludhiana recorded a low of 10.2 degrees Celsius, up three notches while Patiala`s low settled at 10.4 degrees Celsius, also up by three degrees.
Amritsar registered a low of 7 degrees Celsius, down by a notch since yesterday, but still three degrees above normal.
Meanwhile, residents woke up to a misty morning at Ambala, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala.
A MeT official said that light rain lashed Moga, Bathinda and Hoshiarpur in Punjab today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption