Minimum temperatures in Punjab, Haryana hover above normal
Chandigarh: Minimum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana on Monday hovered above the normal even as some parts of the two states received light rains.
A bright sun shine greeted the Chandigarh residents, even as the minimum here settled at 9.7 degrees Celsius, three degrees above the normal level, the MeT office said here.
In Haryana, Ambala registered a low of 10.9 degrees Celsius, up four notches while Hisar`s low of 7.6 degrees Celsius was up by a degree.
Karnal recorded a low of 9.5 degrees Celsius, one above normal while Narnaul`s low of 8.3 degrees Celsius settled two notches above the range.
In Punjab, Ludhiana recorded a low of 10.2 degrees Celsius, up three notches while Patiala`s low settled at 10.4 degrees Celsius, also up by three degrees.
Amritsar registered a low of 7 degrees Celsius, down by a notch since yesterday, but still three degrees above normal.
Meanwhile, residents woke up to a misty morning at Ambala, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala.
A MeT official said that light rain lashed Moga, Bathinda and Hoshiarpur in Punjab today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes