Minimum temperatures in Punjab, Haryana hover above normal
Chandigarh: Minimum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana on Monday hovered above the normal even as some parts of the two states received light rains.
A bright sun shine greeted the Chandigarh residents, even as the minimum here settled at 9.7 degrees Celsius, three degrees above the normal level, the MeT office said here.
In Haryana, Ambala registered a low of 10.9 degrees Celsius, up four notches while Hisar`s low of 7.6 degrees Celsius was up by a degree.
Karnal recorded a low of 9.5 degrees Celsius, one above normal while Narnaul`s low of 8.3 degrees Celsius settled two notches above the range.
In Punjab, Ludhiana recorded a low of 10.2 degrees Celsius, up three notches while Patiala`s low settled at 10.4 degrees Celsius, also up by three degrees.
Amritsar registered a low of 7 degrees Celsius, down by a notch since yesterday, but still three degrees above normal.
Meanwhile, residents woke up to a misty morning at Ambala, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala.
A MeT official said that light rain lashed Moga, Bathinda and Hoshiarpur in Punjab today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport