Minimum temperatures in Punjab, Haryana hover above normal
Chandigarh: Minimum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana on Monday hovered above the normal even as some parts of the two states received light rains.
A bright sun shine greeted the Chandigarh residents, even as the minimum here settled at 9.7 degrees Celsius, three degrees above the normal level, the MeT office said here.
In Haryana, Ambala registered a low of 10.9 degrees Celsius, up four notches while Hisar`s low of 7.6 degrees Celsius was up by a degree.
Karnal recorded a low of 9.5 degrees Celsius, one above normal while Narnaul`s low of 8.3 degrees Celsius settled two notches above the range.
In Punjab, Ludhiana recorded a low of 10.2 degrees Celsius, up three notches while Patiala`s low settled at 10.4 degrees Celsius, also up by three degrees.
Amritsar registered a low of 7 degrees Celsius, down by a notch since yesterday, but still three degrees above normal.
Meanwhile, residents woke up to a misty morning at Ambala, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala.
A MeT official said that light rain lashed Moga, Bathinda and Hoshiarpur in Punjab today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened