Minimum temperatures in Punjab, Haryana hover above normal
Chandigarh: Minimum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana on Monday hovered above the normal even as some parts of the two states received light rains.
A bright sun shine greeted the Chandigarh residents, even as the minimum here settled at 9.7 degrees Celsius, three degrees above the normal level, the MeT office said here.
In Haryana, Ambala registered a low of 10.9 degrees Celsius, up four notches while Hisar`s low of 7.6 degrees Celsius was up by a degree.
Karnal recorded a low of 9.5 degrees Celsius, one above normal while Narnaul`s low of 8.3 degrees Celsius settled two notches above the range.
In Punjab, Ludhiana recorded a low of 10.2 degrees Celsius, up three notches while Patiala`s low settled at 10.4 degrees Celsius, also up by three degrees.
Amritsar registered a low of 7 degrees Celsius, down by a notch since yesterday, but still three degrees above normal.
Meanwhile, residents woke up to a misty morning at Ambala, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala.
A MeT official said that light rain lashed Moga, Bathinda and Hoshiarpur in Punjab today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India