Minimum temperatures increase in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Providing relief to people braving intense chill for the last few days, minimum
temperatures at many places in Punja, Haryana and Chandigarh on Thursday registered a slight increase.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 6.6 degree Celsius, a degree above normal, the MeT office said here.
Patiala in Punjab recorded a low of 7.9 degree Celsius, up two notches while the low at Ludhiana was 4.2 degree Celsius.
Amritsar, which had been reeling under intense cold during the past few days with minimum settling below the freezing point today recorded a low of two degree Celsius.
Ambala in Haryana recorded a low of 6.8 degree Celsius, up one degree while Karnal registered a minimum of 5.4 degree Celsius.
The minimum at Hisar settled at 4.7 degree Celsius.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility at many places in the region including Hisar, Karnal, Ludhiana and Amritsar early today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why