Minimum temperatures increase in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Providing relief to people braving intense chill for the last few days, minimum
temperatures at many places in Punja, Haryana and Chandigarh on Thursday registered a slight increase.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 6.6 degree Celsius, a degree above normal, the MeT office said here.
Patiala in Punjab recorded a low of 7.9 degree Celsius, up two notches while the low at Ludhiana was 4.2 degree Celsius.
Amritsar, which had been reeling under intense cold during the past few days with minimum settling below the freezing point today recorded a low of two degree Celsius.
Ambala in Haryana recorded a low of 6.8 degree Celsius, up one degree while Karnal registered a minimum of 5.4 degree Celsius.
The minimum at Hisar settled at 4.7 degree Celsius.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility at many places in the region including Hisar, Karnal, Ludhiana and Amritsar early today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today