Minimum temperatures rise across Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: With most places across Punjab and Haryana as well as Chandigarh experiencing rainfall in the past 24 hours, minimum temperatures in the region rose sharply Monday.
Compared to the sub-zero and near freezing temperatures recorded at certain places in the last one month, the minimum temperatures recorded at most places in the region were, for the first time in recent days, in double-digits.
Amritsar, which recorded a low of minus 2.8 degrees earlier this month, recorded a low of 10.4 degrees, seven degrees above normal. Ludhiana and Patiala recorded lows of 10.7 degrees each, five degrees above normal.
Amritsar received over 27 mm of rain in the past 24 hours while Ludhiana received over 15.3 mm.
However, the maximum temperatures at most places were recorded much lower in the past 24 hours. Met officials here said that the maximum temperatures were three to eight degrees below normal.
Amritsar and Ludhiana in Punjab recorded highs of 13.2 and 13 degrees, six degrees below normal.
Chandigarh recorded a high and low of 13.4 degrees -- eight degrees below normal, and 11.2 degrees. The city received 12.8 mm of rain in the past 24 hours.
Some places in Haryana turned warmer in the past 24 hours. Hisar, Bhiwani and Rohtak in Haryana were quite warm with the maximum temperature recorded at 26.1, 24.6 and 23.9 degrees, respectively. In Hisar, the high was five degrees above normal.
The Met office has forecast rain or thundershowers at some places in the next 24 hours in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog