Minor abducted, murdered in Punjab
Sangrur (Pb): A 12-year-old boy was on Monday allegedly abducted and murdered by some unknown persons while he was returning from his school here, leading to protest by locals who damaged four state-owned buses.
Vibhu Jain, a student of seventh class, was found with 90 per cent burn injuries in Malerkotla area of the district, police said.
He was rushed to a hospital in Ludhiana, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Vibhu`s body was recovered by the police from Bhardwaj colony of Malerkotla area.
Irate of the murder, shopkeepers pulled down shutters and blocked Malekotla-Ludhiana Highway for about four hours and damaged four PRTC (state-owned) buses.
The protesters were demanding immediate arrest of the accused.
"The police have recovered some clues against the accused including burnt clothes of the child and a hunt for the accused has been launched after registering a case of abduction and murder," Superintendent of Police City Malekotla Jaswinder Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maharashtra CM inaugurates Maharojgar Melava
- We have RSS training, capable of breaking necks with bare hands: BJP WB chief
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Preview
- Anirban Lahiri 5th in incomplete second round at Colonial on PGA
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence