Minor abducted, murdered in Punjab
Sangrur (Pb): A 12-year-old boy was on Monday allegedly abducted and murdered by some unknown persons while he was returning from his school here, leading to protest by locals who damaged four state-owned buses.
Vibhu Jain, a student of seventh class, was found with 90 per cent burn injuries in Malerkotla area of the district, police said.
He was rushed to a hospital in Ludhiana, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Vibhu`s body was recovered by the police from Bhardwaj colony of Malerkotla area.
Irate of the murder, shopkeepers pulled down shutters and blocked Malekotla-Ludhiana Highway for about four hours and damaged four PRTC (state-owned) buses.
The protesters were demanding immediate arrest of the accused.
"The police have recovered some clues against the accused including burnt clothes of the child and a hunt for the accused has been launched after registering a case of abduction and murder," Superintendent of Police City Malekotla Jaswinder Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India