Minor girl abducted in Punjab
Moga: A minor girl was allegedly abducted by a youth from Raunta village of the district, police said on Monday.
The 17-year-old minor Dalit girl was abducted by Jarnail Singh of Sherpursodhian village in Sangrur district yesterday.
The accused allured the girl for marriage and after contacting her on cell phone he arrived in Raunta village where she was staying along with her parents and other tribe members, police said.
The accused abducted the girl on a motorcycle and fled from the scene.
Police investigations have revealed that the boy and the girl knew each other and stayed in contact with each other.
A case has been registered in this regard against the youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video