Minor girl medically examined by doctors` panel
Faridkot: The minor girl who was allegedly kidnapped over a month ago at gunpoint and later found in Goa with her "abductor" was medically examined by a panel of doctors after she complained of illness.
The court yesterday passed directions for conducting medical examination of the 15-year-old girl, who had earlier refused to it claiming she was married to her alleged abductor.
The Chief Medical Officer formed a panel of six doctors for her medical examination, official sources said.
She was taken to Guru Gobind Singh Medical College and Hospital here yesterday for this purpose, they said.
The contents of the report of the medical examination were not immediately known.
A local court had directed the girl, who was kidnapped on September 24 by Nishan Singh and later found in Goa with him, to be sent to Nari Niketan after she refused to undergo medical exam on October 23 claiming she was married to him.
The girl`s parents and elder sister today met her at Nari Niketan for nearly 90 minutes. They had sought CBI probe into the incident and demanded her custody on October 26 saying they had not been given enough time to talk to their daughter at the shelter.
Meanwhile, activists from various social organisations today submitted memorandum to Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge, RS Malik, demanding justice for the family, and CBI inquiry into the alleged abduction.
Police have so far arrested 15 of the total 17 identified accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends