Minor girl medically examined by doctors` panel
Faridkot: The minor girl who was allegedly kidnapped over a month ago at gunpoint and later found in Goa with her "abductor" was medically examined by a panel of doctors after she complained of illness.
The court yesterday passed directions for conducting medical examination of the 15-year-old girl, who had earlier refused to it claiming she was married to her alleged abductor.
The Chief Medical Officer formed a panel of six doctors for her medical examination, official sources said.
She was taken to Guru Gobind Singh Medical College and Hospital here yesterday for this purpose, they said.
The contents of the report of the medical examination were not immediately known.
A local court had directed the girl, who was kidnapped on September 24 by Nishan Singh and later found in Goa with him, to be sent to Nari Niketan after she refused to undergo medical exam on October 23 claiming she was married to him.
The girl`s parents and elder sister today met her at Nari Niketan for nearly 90 minutes. They had sought CBI probe into the incident and demanded her custody on October 26 saying they had not been given enough time to talk to their daughter at the shelter.
Meanwhile, activists from various social organisations today submitted memorandum to Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge, RS Malik, demanding justice for the family, and CBI inquiry into the alleged abduction.
Police have so far arrested 15 of the total 17 identified accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam