Minor rape victim undergoes operation, still critical
Chandigarh: The two-and-a-half-year-old girl, who was allegedly gang-raped in a slum area in Punjab`s Ludhiana district, underwent an operation at PGIMER here even as her condition continued to remain serious.
The girl, who was gang-raped by unidentified persons in a slum area at Haibowal in Punjab`s Ludhiana district, underwent a complex operation at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) on Wednesday night.
PGIMER sources on Thursday said that the girl was still critical, but had started to respond to the treatment.
She had remained restless throughout the day when the doctors took her for examination, the sources added.
Meanwhile, Ludhiana Police said they were working on "every aspect" of the case and were hopeful of arresting the accused soon.
"We are investigating all angles. The girl`s father is a labourer and hails from Bihar. They were putting up in an open hutment slum in the area. There are a few more hutments there.
There is a possibility that the accused could be living somewhere nearby. We are randomly questioning people and are hopeful of carrying out arrests soon," Ludhiana`s Assistant Commissioner of Police (Central), Ramneesh Kumar said.
In an FIR lodged on Wednesday, the father of the victim said that his daughter was found in a semi-nude state and bleeding profusely at a little distance from their hutment.
The minor was initially rushed to a nearby hospital and later referred to PGIMER here. A case in the matter has been registered against unidentified persons.
The girl`s father, who was in a state of shock, told reporters here that the girl had been picked up from the hutment in early hours of Tuesday.
When the family woke up in the wee hours they could not find her after which police was informed, who later discovered the child on the roadside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3