Missing Anandpur Sahib SDM`s body found in canal
Chandigarh: The body of Sub-Divisional
Magistrate (SDM) of Anandpur Sahab Karanveer Singh Mann was
found in the Bhakra canal near Kotli Power House today, a day
after he went missing, police said.
Mann went missing under mysterious circumstances after he
parked his official vehicle near Bhakra Canal yesterday
evening. His phone was also found lying in the vehicle.
Kotli Power House is around 25 KM from the Divisional
Headquarters of Ropar in Punjab.
Police said some passersby informed about the body, and
when it was fished out, it was identified as that of the SDM.
They said Mann, who had recently joined the Punjab Civil
Service (PCS), might have committed suicide by jumping into
the Bhakra Canal.
His body has been sent to the Civil Hospital here for
post mortem after which it would be handed over to the family.
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today
condoled the "untimely and tragic demise" of Mann.
An official release said Badal described Mann as an able
administrator, who always performed his assignments
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state