Missing Anandpur Sahib SDM`s body found in canal
Chandigarh: The body of Sub-Divisional
Magistrate (SDM) of Anandpur Sahab Karanveer Singh Mann was
found in the Bhakra canal near Kotli Power House today, a day
after he went missing, police said.
Mann went missing under mysterious circumstances after he
parked his official vehicle near Bhakra Canal yesterday
evening. His phone was also found lying in the vehicle.
Kotli Power House is around 25 KM from the Divisional
Headquarters of Ropar in Punjab.
Police said some passersby informed about the body, and
when it was fished out, it was identified as that of the SDM.
They said Mann, who had recently joined the Punjab Civil
Service (PCS), might have committed suicide by jumping into
the Bhakra Canal.
His body has been sent to the Civil Hospital here for
post mortem after which it would be handed over to the family.
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today
condoled the "untimely and tragic demise" of Mann.
An official release said Badal described Mann as an able
administrator, who always performed his assignments
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical