Missing Anandpur Sahib SDM`s body found in canal
Chandigarh: The body of Sub-Divisional
Magistrate (SDM) of Anandpur Sahab Karanveer Singh Mann was
found in the Bhakra canal near Kotli Power House today, a day
after he went missing, police said.
Mann went missing under mysterious circumstances after he
parked his official vehicle near Bhakra Canal yesterday
evening. His phone was also found lying in the vehicle.
Kotli Power House is around 25 KM from the Divisional
Headquarters of Ropar in Punjab.
Police said some passersby informed about the body, and
when it was fished out, it was identified as that of the SDM.
They said Mann, who had recently joined the Punjab Civil
Service (PCS), might have committed suicide by jumping into
the Bhakra Canal.
His body has been sent to the Civil Hospital here for
post mortem after which it would be handed over to the family.
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today
condoled the "untimely and tragic demise" of Mann.
An official release said Badal described Mann as an able
administrator, who always performed his assignments
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY