`Missing` Sidhu posters dot Amritsar
Amritsar: Upset with the prolonged absence of BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu from his constituency, an NGO here has put up "missing" posters promising a reward of Rs 2 lakh for anybody who would bring the parliamentarian to the city.
Raman Bakshi, President of Amritsar Sangharsh Samiti, said they were extremely upset about Sidhu`s absence at a time when their representative was required to be present in the area.
Alleging that the BJP leader and former India cricketer had been "missing" from the area for a long time, a poster states that, "Sidhu had made tall promises to the people of his constituency about making Amritsar like Paris, but has betrayed them".
Bakshi said people in Amritsar were facing numerous problems about, among others, unavailability of sand and the levying of various taxes on property.
"Businessmen in the area wanted his support for a facility for easier filing of sales tax, but Sidhu has been missing," he said.
He said that the NGO would award Rs 2 lakh to anyone who would give information about Sidhu and bring him to Amritsar.
Sidhu features in several TV shows produced in Mumbai.
Efforts to reach Sidhu have yielded no results, Bakshi said, adding that whenever they tried to contact the MP over the phone, his assistant said, "Sidhu is busy".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh