Mission 3G begins in Patiala, becomes CSR partner of DTDC
New Delhi: Mission 3G-Gauri which has set for itself the laudable aim of providing employment to educated youths while also addressing environmental concerns, was recently launched in Patiala.
Inaugurating the Mission at a local hotel, State Information Commissioner and former DGP of Punjab, R K Gupta, said that priority should be given to employment generation programmes because the youth was prone to falling prey to unlawful activities and discontent in the absence of viable employment avenues.
Besides, he also threw a light on the Mission’s aim of creating educational awareness among the people living below poverty line so that they may educate their children.
Addressing the function, National President of the Mission, Sanjjeev Nehraa, said that different companies are coming forward to extend their cooperation to meet the aims of the Mission. With the aim of providing employment to youths, the organisation has reached an understanding with the Rapid Action Security & Management Services Private Limited.
Among others who addressed the function were Satindrapal Kaur Walia, Brigadier DS Grewal, Dr. Kaustubh Sharma, Dr. DIS Sandhu, Advocate Balbir Singh Balinga, and the Mission’s Punjab unit patron, Retd. Col. Bishan Das.
Providing further information on the achievements of the Mission, Sanjjeev Nehra said that the DTDC Courier & Cargo Limited- An Indian Global Express Company has become the corporate member of the Mission, and the latter would be the CSR partner of the DTDC.
DTDC, which began its journey under the visionary leadership of Chairman and Managing Director, Subhasish Chakraborty, has created a pioneering business model with a vast network not only in India but also abroad.
Bangalore based DTDC currently serves around 10,000 pincode areas and has over 4400 franchise outlets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'