Mission 3G begins in Patiala, becomes CSR partner of DTDC
New Delhi: Mission 3G-Gauri which has set for itself the laudable aim of providing employment to educated youths while also addressing environmental concerns, was recently launched in Patiala.
Inaugurating the Mission at a local hotel, State Information Commissioner and former DGP of Punjab, R K Gupta, said that priority should be given to employment generation programmes because the youth was prone to falling prey to unlawful activities and discontent in the absence of viable employment avenues.
Besides, he also threw a light on the Mission’s aim of creating educational awareness among the people living below poverty line so that they may educate their children.
Addressing the function, National President of the Mission, Sanjjeev Nehraa, said that different companies are coming forward to extend their cooperation to meet the aims of the Mission. With the aim of providing employment to youths, the organisation has reached an understanding with the Rapid Action Security & Management Services Private Limited.
Among others who addressed the function were Satindrapal Kaur Walia, Brigadier DS Grewal, Dr. Kaustubh Sharma, Dr. DIS Sandhu, Advocate Balbir Singh Balinga, and the Mission’s Punjab unit patron, Retd. Col. Bishan Das.
Providing further information on the achievements of the Mission, Sanjjeev Nehra said that the DTDC Courier & Cargo Limited- An Indian Global Express Company has become the corporate member of the Mission, and the latter would be the CSR partner of the DTDC.
DTDC, which began its journey under the visionary leadership of Chairman and Managing Director, Subhasish Chakraborty, has created a pioneering business model with a vast network not only in India but also abroad.
Bangalore based DTDC currently serves around 10,000 pincode areas and has over 4400 franchise outlets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report