Modi`s rally was for BJP workers, not for ex-servicemen: Congress
Hisar: The Congress on Monday alleged BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally in Rewari was merely a show of oratory and did not match actual facts.
"The rally was organised in the name of ex-servicemen but it was actually a rally of BJP workers. Only a few former Army officers were present," said Dharamvir Goyat, in charge of the Congress Campaign Committee.
Alleging there was a huge difference between Modi`s dialogues and actions, he said though Modi had spoken about his admiration for former Haryana CM late Bansi Lal, it was he who had engineered Bansi`s fall in 1999 as in charge of BJP`s affairs in the state.
Goyat said Modi in his speech yesterday talked about India`s wars in specific years but deliberately ignored 1965 and `71 conflicts because they spoke high of Indira Gandhi.
"In his speech, Modi mentioned the 1962 war. But, he deliberately ignored wars of 1965 and 1971 because these speak high of Indira Gandhi`s acumen and mettle," he said.
The Congress leader alleged it was because of wrong policies of the then NDA government, around 527 jawans were killed in the Kargil war in 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?