Modi`s rally was for BJP workers, not for ex-servicemen: Congress
Hisar: The Congress on Monday alleged BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally in Rewari was merely a show of oratory and did not match actual facts.
"The rally was organised in the name of ex-servicemen but it was actually a rally of BJP workers. Only a few former Army officers were present," said Dharamvir Goyat, in charge of the Congress Campaign Committee.
Alleging there was a huge difference between Modi`s dialogues and actions, he said though Modi had spoken about his admiration for former Haryana CM late Bansi Lal, it was he who had engineered Bansi`s fall in 1999 as in charge of BJP`s affairs in the state.
Goyat said Modi in his speech yesterday talked about India`s wars in specific years but deliberately ignored 1965 and `71 conflicts because they spoke high of Indira Gandhi.
"In his speech, Modi mentioned the 1962 war. But, he deliberately ignored wars of 1965 and 1971 because these speak high of Indira Gandhi`s acumen and mettle," he said.
The Congress leader alleged it was because of wrong policies of the then NDA government, around 527 jawans were killed in the Kargil war in 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!