Moga Assembly bye-election on Feb 23
Chandigarh: Bye-election to Moga Assembly constituency in Punjab will be held on February 23, the Election Commission on Friday announced.
The election has been necessitated as the seat was vacated by Congress candidate Joginderpal Jain as he joined the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal.
Notification will be issued on January 30. The last date of filing nominations is February 6, followed by the scrutiny on February 7. The last date for withdrawal of candidature is February 9. Counting of votes would be on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi