Moga bypoll: Paramilitary forces stage flag march
Moga: With Moga bypoll inching closer, paramilitary forces on Friday staged a flag march in several areas of the constituency to instill confidence among the electorates for the February 23 polls.
Companies of CRPF and BSF along with Punjab police forces held flag march in the town area and other vulnerable areas of the Moga constituency, officials said here.
The flag march started from the District Administrative complex and after passing through the main streets of the town, GT road and other parts culminated at the SSP office, officials said.
Later, CRPF and BSF officials held meetings with Moga SSP Ashish Chaudhary regarding their duties during the poll.
CRPF and BSF officials along with police officers also visited sensitive polling booths which are to be guarded during the poll, as per the directions of the Election Commission, officials said.
The CRPF jawans had yesterday also staged flag march from the district administrative complex to Subedar Joginder Singh roundabout in the town.
The seat, which fell vacant after Congress MLA Joginderpal Jain joined SAD, is set to witness a triangular contest.
Jain is pitted against Vijay Kumar Sathi of Congress and Ravinder Singh Dhaliwal of Sanjha Morcha among seven other candidates.
In December last, the two-time Congress MLA from Moga, Jain, had returned to Shiromani Akali Dal after spending about seven years in the Congress. He was elected twice on the Congress ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what