Moga DSP murder case cracked; 3 arrested
Ludhiana: Two months after deputy superintendent of police, Moga, and a woman were found murdered at a farmhouse near here, police on Thursday claimed to have solved the case with the arrest of three persons.
"Three persons namely Harvinder Singh (23), Pritipal Singh (21) and Umesh Karra have been arrested in this connection," Ishwar Singh, Commissioner Police Ludhiana, told newsmen here today.
They all belong to a nearby Talwara (Haibowal) village,
and have confessed to the crime during the preliminary police
investigations, Singh said.
The mobile phones belonging to the victims have also been
recovered from them.
Police have also recovered a base bat, an iron rod and a
dagger, used in the crime, from the alleged killers, he said.
During the preliminary investigations the culprits also
revealed that they were robbers operating in that area,
the Commissioner said.
However, citing sensitiveness of the case, the Commissioner expressed his inability to provide any further information on the issue.
On February 2, the DSP and wife of a Ludhiana based
industrialist were found murdered in mysterious circumstances
at a farmhouse of an industrialist on Hambran road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September