Moga DSP murder case cracked; 3 arrested
Ludhiana: Two months after deputy superintendent of police, Moga, and a woman were found murdered at a farmhouse near here, police on Thursday claimed to have solved the case with the arrest of three persons.
"Three persons namely Harvinder Singh (23), Pritipal Singh (21) and Umesh Karra have been arrested in this connection," Ishwar Singh, Commissioner Police Ludhiana, told newsmen here today.
They all belong to a nearby Talwara (Haibowal) village,
and have confessed to the crime during the preliminary police
investigations, Singh said.
The mobile phones belonging to the victims have also been
recovered from them.
Police have also recovered a base bat, an iron rod and a
dagger, used in the crime, from the alleged killers, he said.
During the preliminary investigations the culprits also
revealed that they were robbers operating in that area,
the Commissioner said.
However, citing sensitiveness of the case, the Commissioner expressed his inability to provide any further information on the issue.
On February 2, the DSP and wife of a Ludhiana based
industrialist were found murdered in mysterious circumstances
at a farmhouse of an industrialist on Hambran road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed