Moga DSP murder case cracked; 3 arrested
Ludhiana: Two months after deputy superintendent of police, Moga, and a woman were found murdered at a farmhouse near here, police on Thursday claimed to have solved the case with the arrest of three persons.
"Three persons namely Harvinder Singh (23), Pritipal Singh (21) and Umesh Karra have been arrested in this connection," Ishwar Singh, Commissioner Police Ludhiana, told newsmen here today.
They all belong to a nearby Talwara (Haibowal) village,
and have confessed to the crime during the preliminary police
investigations, Singh said.
The mobile phones belonging to the victims have also been
recovered from them.
Police have also recovered a base bat, an iron rod and a
dagger, used in the crime, from the alleged killers, he said.
During the preliminary investigations the culprits also
revealed that they were robbers operating in that area,
the Commissioner said.
However, citing sensitiveness of the case, the Commissioner expressed his inability to provide any further information on the issue.
On February 2, the DSP and wife of a Ludhiana based
industrialist were found murdered in mysterious circumstances
at a farmhouse of an industrialist on Hambran road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman