Mohali lawyer`s murder: Son of SGPC member arrested
Chandigarh: Son of a Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee member has been arrested for his alleged role in the murder of a lawyer at nearby Mohali, police said on Monday.
Jaswinder Singh, son of SGPC member Ranjeet Singh, was arrested yesterday from Ludhiana by Mohali Police.
Jaswinder is a class 12 pass-out and currently unemployed.
He is suspected to be one of the prime accused in the murder case and, as per the complainant, had even threatened the victim, Mohali SSP Gurpreet Singh Bhullar said.
Amarpreet, 32, was killed on last Wednesday night and his cousin Gaganjot Singh and the latter`s friend Simarjeet Singh sustained bullet injuries when a group of youths fired at them after they objected to parking of vehicles outside their house.
With the arrest of Jaswinder, police have so far nabbed three of the nine accused named in the FIR registered on the complaint of Manjeet Singh Sethi, a former MC councillor and uncle of the deceased.
Omkar Singh and Sunbir Singh, hailing from Amritsar, were arrested on Wednesday immediately after the crime.
Raids are on and other accused would be arrested soon, the officer claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video