Mohali lawyer`s murder: Son of SGPC member arrested
Chandigarh: Son of a Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee member has been arrested for his alleged role in the murder of a lawyer at nearby Mohali, police said on Monday.
Jaswinder Singh, son of SGPC member Ranjeet Singh, was arrested yesterday from Ludhiana by Mohali Police.
Jaswinder is a class 12 pass-out and currently unemployed.
He is suspected to be one of the prime accused in the murder case and, as per the complainant, had even threatened the victim, Mohali SSP Gurpreet Singh Bhullar said.
Amarpreet, 32, was killed on last Wednesday night and his cousin Gaganjot Singh and the latter`s friend Simarjeet Singh sustained bullet injuries when a group of youths fired at them after they objected to parking of vehicles outside their house.
With the arrest of Jaswinder, police have so far nabbed three of the nine accused named in the FIR registered on the complaint of Manjeet Singh Sethi, a former MC councillor and uncle of the deceased.
Omkar Singh and Sunbir Singh, hailing from Amritsar, were arrested on Wednesday immediately after the crime.
Raids are on and other accused would be arrested soon, the officer claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown