Mohali lawyer`s murder: Son of SGPC member arrested
Chandigarh: Son of a Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee member has been arrested for his alleged role in the murder of a lawyer at nearby Mohali, police said on Monday.
Jaswinder Singh, son of SGPC member Ranjeet Singh, was arrested yesterday from Ludhiana by Mohali Police.
Jaswinder is a class 12 pass-out and currently unemployed.
He is suspected to be one of the prime accused in the murder case and, as per the complainant, had even threatened the victim, Mohali SSP Gurpreet Singh Bhullar said.
Amarpreet, 32, was killed on last Wednesday night and his cousin Gaganjot Singh and the latter`s friend Simarjeet Singh sustained bullet injuries when a group of youths fired at them after they objected to parking of vehicles outside their house.
With the arrest of Jaswinder, police have so far nabbed three of the nine accused named in the FIR registered on the complaint of Manjeet Singh Sethi, a former MC councillor and uncle of the deceased.
Omkar Singh and Sunbir Singh, hailing from Amritsar, were arrested on Wednesday immediately after the crime.
Raids are on and other accused would be arrested soon, the officer claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India