Mohali lawyer`s murder: Son of SGPC member arrested
Chandigarh: Son of a Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee member has been arrested for his alleged role in the murder of a lawyer at nearby Mohali, police said on Monday.
Jaswinder Singh, son of SGPC member Ranjeet Singh, was arrested yesterday from Ludhiana by Mohali Police.
Jaswinder is a class 12 pass-out and currently unemployed.
He is suspected to be one of the prime accused in the murder case and, as per the complainant, had even threatened the victim, Mohali SSP Gurpreet Singh Bhullar said.
Amarpreet, 32, was killed on last Wednesday night and his cousin Gaganjot Singh and the latter`s friend Simarjeet Singh sustained bullet injuries when a group of youths fired at them after they objected to parking of vehicles outside their house.
With the arrest of Jaswinder, police have so far nabbed three of the nine accused named in the FIR registered on the complaint of Manjeet Singh Sethi, a former MC councillor and uncle of the deceased.
Omkar Singh and Sunbir Singh, hailing from Amritsar, were arrested on Wednesday immediately after the crime.
Raids are on and other accused would be arrested soon, the officer claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video