Multi-crore betting racket busted, 13 arrested
Ludhiana: Police today claimed to have
busted a multi-crore betting racket with the arrest of 13
persons including its kingpin Amarnath Bajaj and recovery of
Rs 1.16 crore from them.
The operators of the betting racket, which was being run
in nine states including Delhi, Haryana, Himachal and Uttar
Pradesh, used to take out three daily draws involving crores
of rupees, Ludhiana Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh told
The operators had a unique modus operandi as they would
take the bids from people here and at other places and take
out the draws in Delhi to escape attention.
Police acted on specific and secret information which was
followed up with a watch on suspects that finally paid off
with the arrest of the operators along with Rs 1.16 crore in
cash, he said, adding, more arrests are expected in the case
as the investigation progresses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?