Multi-crore betting racket busted, 13 arrested
Ludhiana: Police today claimed to have
busted a multi-crore betting racket with the arrest of 13
persons including its kingpin Amarnath Bajaj and recovery of
Rs 1.16 crore from them.
The operators of the betting racket, which was being run
in nine states including Delhi, Haryana, Himachal and Uttar
Pradesh, used to take out three daily draws involving crores
of rupees, Ludhiana Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh told
The operators had a unique modus operandi as they would
take the bids from people here and at other places and take
out the draws in Delhi to escape attention.
Police acted on specific and secret information which was
followed up with a watch on suspects that finally paid off
with the arrest of the operators along with Rs 1.16 crore in
cash, he said, adding, more arrests are expected in the case
as the investigation progresses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok