Multi-crore betting racket busted, 13 arrested
Ludhiana: Police today claimed to have
busted a multi-crore betting racket with the arrest of 13
persons including its kingpin Amarnath Bajaj and recovery of
Rs 1.16 crore from them.
The operators of the betting racket, which was being run
in nine states including Delhi, Haryana, Himachal and Uttar
Pradesh, used to take out three daily draws involving crores
of rupees, Ludhiana Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh told
The operators had a unique modus operandi as they would
take the bids from people here and at other places and take
out the draws in Delhi to escape attention.
Police acted on specific and secret information which was
followed up with a watch on suspects that finally paid off
with the arrest of the operators along with Rs 1.16 crore in
cash, he said, adding, more arrests are expected in the case
as the investigation progresses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi