Multi-crore betting racket busted, 13 arrested
Ludhiana: Police today claimed to have
busted a multi-crore betting racket with the arrest of 13
persons including its kingpin Amarnath Bajaj and recovery of
Rs 1.16 crore from them.
The operators of the betting racket, which was being run
in nine states including Delhi, Haryana, Himachal and Uttar
Pradesh, used to take out three daily draws involving crores
of rupees, Ludhiana Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh told
The operators had a unique modus operandi as they would
take the bids from people here and at other places and take
out the draws in Delhi to escape attention.
Police acted on specific and secret information which was
followed up with a watch on suspects that finally paid off
with the arrest of the operators along with Rs 1.16 crore in
cash, he said, adding, more arrests are expected in the case
as the investigation progresses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'