Multi-crore betting racket busted, 13 arrested
Ludhiana: Police today claimed to have
busted a multi-crore betting racket with the arrest of 13
persons including its kingpin Amarnath Bajaj and recovery of
Rs 1.16 crore from them.
The operators of the betting racket, which was being run
in nine states including Delhi, Haryana, Himachal and Uttar
Pradesh, used to take out three daily draws involving crores
of rupees, Ludhiana Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh told
The operators had a unique modus operandi as they would
take the bids from people here and at other places and take
out the draws in Delhi to escape attention.
Police acted on specific and secret information which was
followed up with a watch on suspects that finally paid off
with the arrest of the operators along with Rs 1.16 crore in
cash, he said, adding, more arrests are expected in the case
as the investigation progresses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden