Murder charges against Patiala`s Mayor, two others
Patiala: The city Mayor and two others were booked for alleged murder of a woman, whose body was found hanging in her house here, police said on Saturday.
The police registered the case of murder against Mayor Jaspal Singh Pardhan, his accomplice Paramjeet Kaur and her son Harpreet Singh in connection with the death of Parampreet Kaur, who is the wife of Harpreet Singh.
A case under various sections of the IPC, including 302 (murder) had been registered at Kotwali police station, police spokesman said.
29-year-old Parampreet was found hanging in her house today and her parents alleged that she was murdered by the Mayor, his accomplice Paramjeet Kaur and son Harpreet Singh.
According to the complaint filed with the police by Parampreet`s parents she was continuously being harassed by her in-laws who were allegedly pressurising her for dowry.
The parents alleged that her in-laws were harassing her as they were quite powerful and had strong political connections.
No arrest has been made yet, police said, adding, further investigations are on.
The postmortem of the deceased was conducted and its report awaited, the spokesman added.
Meanwhile Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh and his wife Preneet Kaur, Union Minister of State for External Affairs, have condemned the "brutal and shameful murder of the young woman Parampreet Kaur".
"The entire Congress party stood with the family in this hour of grief," the duo who represent Patiala in the state assembly and the Lok Sabha said.
Condemning the incident, they hoped that the culprits will be brought to the book.
They said, they will ensure that the Mayor did not use his influence to get away with the murder of the young woman.
Amarinder said this was also a test case for the Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal as to show how he dispensed justice in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...