Nabha jailbreak 'mastermind' shifted to high-security barrack in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Parminder Singh, the alleged "mastermind" of the daring daylight jailbreak in Punjab, has been shifted to a high-security prison in the district, jail officials said on Tuesday.
Singh, along with Khalistan Liberation Front militant outfit Harminder Mintoo and four other prisoners, escaped after armed men in police uniform stormed the high-security Nabha prison at Patiala in Punjab on November 27.
Singh was arrested from Kairana in Uttar Pradesh's Shamli district on the day itself when the getaway vehicle was stopped at a police picket.
Superintendent of district jail Rakesh Singh said the accused, Parminder Singh, was shifted to a high-security barrack here yesterday.
No inmate is allowed to meet him, he said, adding that security of the jail has been upped.
An alert has been sounded in 65 district jails of Uttar Pradesh in the wake of the Nabha jailbreak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened