Nabha jailbreak: Three, including assistant jail superintendent, head warden arrested on charges of abetment, criminal conspiracy
Chandigarh: Assistant superintendent Bhim Singh and head warden Jagmeet of Punjab's Nabha jail were arrested on Tuesday on the charges of abetment and criminal conspiracy in the sensational jailbreak case.
Another person arrested was Tejinder Sharma, owner of Shagun sweets, Nabha.
Bhim had allegedly met the accused a day before their daring escape and his mobile phone was used for plotting the escape of prisoners, police claimed.
Police had booked 29 people, including nine jail officials, under relevant sections of IPC in connection with the jailbreak case, officials said, as per PTI.
Khalistan Liberation Front chief Harminder Singh Mintoo and four other prisoners had escaped after armed men in police uniform had stormed the high-security prison in Patiala on November 27.
48-year-old Mintoo was nabbed from Nizamuddin railway station's parking area in Delhi yesterday morning.
Meanwhile, Parminder Singh, the alleged 'mastermind' of the daring daylight jailbreak in Punjab was shifted to a high-security prison in Muzaffarnagar district today.
Singh was arrested from Kairana in Uttar Pradesh's Shamli district on the day itself when the getaway vehicle was stopped at a police picket.
Mintoo was earlier a member of Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) which he left in year 2009 and revived Khalistan Liberation Force (KLF).
He used to operate from Thailand and Malaysia before he was arrested by police from IGI airport in 2014 after being deported from Thailand for possessing fake passport.
In Thailand, Mintoo had set up a base and was using it to mobilise funds for the banned Sikh groups.
Before being arrested, he had also travelled to Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar, the officer said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'