Narendra Modi at `Fateh` rally in Jagraon: As it happened
Zee Media Bureau/Neha Attre
3:03 pm: Modi ends his speech amidst chants of `Bharat Mata ki Jai.`
3:00 pm: We are making the tallest Sardar Patel statue in Gujarat. I thank all those who have contributed for the statue in Punjab, says Modi.
2:58 pm: I ask the Defence ministry to make those soldiers answerable if drugs and fake currency come from across the border. Not only terrorists, but these diseases come from across the border. Hence, we need to prevent our youths from getting affected by all this - Modi.
2:57 pm: NDA is National Democratic Alliance during polls and National Development Alliance as a government, says Modi.
2:55 pm: Punjab, Rajasthan, Haryana are the land of the soldiers. Earlier, Congress had promised `one rank one pension` scheme but never implemented despite various opportunities, says Modi.
2:48 pm: Modi says that our priority should be to emphasise on productivity per acre. We need value addition as well, he added.
2:46 pm: If we want the nation to progress, we need to work on three pillars – agriculture, manufacturing and service sector.
2:45 pm: The Punjab CM is worried about the farmers and the Deputy CM wants to make the state technically advanced. This thought process will help in the development - Modi.
2:44 pm: I assure you, when I become the PM, I will be like a guard and will never let anyone steal the wealth of the nation. The national coffers have the money of the poor which is to be used for their development, says Modi.
2:42 pm: I have worked in Punjab, Haryana and have learnt governance by working with senior leaders, Modi says.
2:41 pm: During the tenure of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, corruption was prevalent with Gandhi admitting that for every rupee that was released by Centre, only 15 paisa reached villages, says Modi.
2:40 pm: Modi says that when we talk about corruption, ABCD has now become a symbol of corruption by Congress with `A` for Aadhar, B for Bofors...
2:39pm: Modi says that the Punjab CM has given due credit to Lala Lajpat Rai but Congress does not have time to remember him.
2:37 pm: Punjab is not merely limited to the state and the music and food are popular across the country- Modi.
2:36 pm: The alliance of Akali Dal and BJP is not merely for the formation of government but is a symbol of social unity, says Modi.
2:34 pm: Every Indian has as much right to Gujarat as much as Narendra Modi does. Some people are spreading lies. I assure that any Sikh working in Gujarat will not have to leave - Modi.
2:30 pm: Modi says that Kutch was a dry land, but after people from Punjab came and settled there, it turned into a green land with acres of farm land.
2:26 pm: Gurunank Dev had visited Kutch and his `padukas` are still preserved. During the earthquake, the gurudwara was damaged. When I was appointed as the Chief Minister of the state and saw the condition of the damaged gurudwara in Lakhpat, we restored it to its glory, says Modi.
2:22 pm: Narendra Modi addresses the rally and says that Gujarat shares a special relationship with Punjab as one of the `Panch Pyare` was from Gujarat. That is why there is a blood relation as well as ethical relation between the two states.
1:50 pm: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said that when the alliance between the BJP and Akali Dal in Punjab has led to the progress of the state.
1:47 pm: Singh further said that the relationship between Akali Dal and BJP is very old and will continue.
1:35 pm: He further says that under the governance of Congress, the nation cannot be free of corruption.
1:28 pm: BJP chief Rajnath Singh is addressing the rally and lauds the development work done by Punjab Chief Minister. Singh says that whenever Congress government has come to power, prices have increased and corruption has prevailed.
1:15 pm: Praising the Gujarat Chief Minister, Sukhbir Singh Badal appeals to the people to make Modi as the next prime minister for the progress of the nation.
1:10 pm: Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab, Sukhbir Singh Badal, attacks Congress and says that the nation has gone backwards in the last decade under the party`s governance.
12:58 pm: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and BJP national president Rajnath Singh are also present.
12:50 pm: Narendra Modi arrives at the venue to address the `Fateh rally.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in