Narendra Modi hits out at Congress with `ABCD of corruption`
Zee Media Bureau/Neha Attre
Ludhiana: Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi launched a scathing attack on Congress and said that the term `ABCD` has become a symbol of corruption by Congress party with `A` referring to Aadarsh scam and `B` denoting Bofors.
“When Rajiv Gandhi was the prime minister of the country, he had said that when he sends a rupee from Delhi, only 15 paisas reach the village,” said Modi during `Fateh` rally in Jalandhar.
The Gujarat Chief Minister further said that if he is voted to power, then he will guard the country like a watchman and will not let anyone put their `panja` (claws) on the national coffers which has the money for the development of the people.
Attacking the Congress, he said that the Finance Minister of Congress had made announcements about One Rank One Pension (OROP) but never fulfilled it and did not bring it in previous budgets.
“Had Congress been honest, then it would have passed it when it came across several opportunities,” he said.
He assured that people of the state that no Sikh will be forced to leave Gujarat and said that the SAD-BJP alliance is not merely for the formation of government, but represents social unity.
Referring to the pepper spray incident, he further said that Congress is now fooling people by throwing pepper in their eyes instead of dust.
Dismissing rumours regarding displacement of Sikhs in Gujarat, Modi said that Gujarat belongs to every Indian. He further assured the people and said that if any official commits any wrong, then he will go and not the Sikh farmer.
He said that the state will progress with Punjab Chief Minister, Parkash Singh Badal, being concerned about the welfare of the farmers while Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal is concerned about the technological advancement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India