Nation heading towards early elections: Badal
Faridkot: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said the nation was heading towards early elections as the "anti-people" decisions of the Congress-led UPA government had created an atmosphere of political uncertainty.
"The anti-people decisions taken recklessly by the UPA government have created political uncertainty and mistrust among its allies.
"This has led to a volatile situation and the nation is heading towards early Parliamentary elections," the Chief Minister told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
The SAD patriarch said his party was ready to face the elections any time.
"The days of the Congress-led government are numbered. The irrational and arbitrary decision of the UPA government to allow the FDI in retail will have a cascading effect on the Indian economy," Badal said.
"The move will have an adverse effect on small shopkeepers because such policies are deliberately framed to the advantage of multi-national companies and global corporate houses ignoring the interest of common man," he said.
The Congress-led government`s policies had led to uncontrollable inflation, unemployment, illiteracy, poverty and above all rampant corruption, alleged the Chief Minister.
The UPA government should redefine Centre-State relations keeping in mind the true federal structure, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea