Nation heading towards early elections: Badal
Faridkot: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said the nation was heading towards early elections as the "anti-people" decisions of the Congress-led UPA government had created an atmosphere of political uncertainty.
"The anti-people decisions taken recklessly by the UPA government have created political uncertainty and mistrust among its allies.
"This has led to a volatile situation and the nation is heading towards early Parliamentary elections," the Chief Minister told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
The SAD patriarch said his party was ready to face the elections any time.
"The days of the Congress-led government are numbered. The irrational and arbitrary decision of the UPA government to allow the FDI in retail will have a cascading effect on the Indian economy," Badal said.
"The move will have an adverse effect on small shopkeepers because such policies are deliberately framed to the advantage of multi-national companies and global corporate houses ignoring the interest of common man," he said.
The Congress-led government`s policies had led to uncontrollable inflation, unemployment, illiteracy, poverty and above all rampant corruption, alleged the Chief Minister.
The UPA government should redefine Centre-State relations keeping in mind the true federal structure, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore