Navjot Singh Sidhu skips Narendra Modi`s rally
Ludhiana: Cricketer-turned-politician and BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu was conspicuous by his absence at BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally here on Sunday.
Sidhu`s wife Navjot Kaur, who is Chief Parliamentary Secretary (Health) in the SAD-BJP government in Punjab, was also not seen at the rally.
Sidhu, an MP from Amritsar, has been at loggerheads with the SAD leadership accusing it of sidelining his projects in the holy city.
The BJP lawmaker was not present at the rally which was attended among others by Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, his Deputy Sukhbir, BJP chief Rajnath Singh and state BJP head Kamal Sharma.
Sidhu, who has been his party`s star campaigner in the past, had told mediapersons he had not received any invite for the rally.
However, Kamal Sharma had told reporters in Ludhiana yesterday that it was a party function and all were invited.
Recently, Sidhu`s wife, an MLA from Amritsar (East), had kicked up a row by commenting on a social networking site that her husband felt "sidelined and ignored" in his own party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores