Navjot Singh Sidhu skips Narendra Modi`s rally
Ludhiana: Cricketer-turned-politician and BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu was conspicuous by his absence at BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally here on Sunday.
Sidhu`s wife Navjot Kaur, who is Chief Parliamentary Secretary (Health) in the SAD-BJP government in Punjab, was also not seen at the rally.
Sidhu, an MP from Amritsar, has been at loggerheads with the SAD leadership accusing it of sidelining his projects in the holy city.
The BJP lawmaker was not present at the rally which was attended among others by Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, his Deputy Sukhbir, BJP chief Rajnath Singh and state BJP head Kamal Sharma.
Sidhu, who has been his party`s star campaigner in the past, had told mediapersons he had not received any invite for the rally.
However, Kamal Sharma had told reporters in Ludhiana yesterday that it was a party function and all were invited.
Recently, Sidhu`s wife, an MLA from Amritsar (East), had kicked up a row by commenting on a social networking site that her husband felt "sidelined and ignored" in his own party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP