Navjot Singh Sidhu skips Narendra Modi`s rally
Ludhiana: Cricketer-turned-politician and BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu was conspicuous by his absence at BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally here on Sunday.
Sidhu`s wife Navjot Kaur, who is Chief Parliamentary Secretary (Health) in the SAD-BJP government in Punjab, was also not seen at the rally.
Sidhu, an MP from Amritsar, has been at loggerheads with the SAD leadership accusing it of sidelining his projects in the holy city.
The BJP lawmaker was not present at the rally which was attended among others by Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, his Deputy Sukhbir, BJP chief Rajnath Singh and state BJP head Kamal Sharma.
Sidhu, who has been his party`s star campaigner in the past, had told mediapersons he had not received any invite for the rally.
However, Kamal Sharma had told reporters in Ludhiana yesterday that it was a party function and all were invited.
Recently, Sidhu`s wife, an MLA from Amritsar (East), had kicked up a row by commenting on a social networking site that her husband felt "sidelined and ignored" in his own party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises