‘NDA never offered Vice President’s post to Badal’
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said neither the NDA has offered the post of country`s Vice-President to SAD patriarch and Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal nor he was interested in it.
"The NDA has neither made an offer (to Parkash Singh Badal) nor he was interested in it," the SAD chief told reporters.
The Deputy Chief Minister was asked whether 84-year old Akali stalwart was the NDA’s choice for the post of the Vice-President.
Badal was never a candidate for the Vice-President’s post, he said.
The NDA never held a meeting to discuss its candidates for the post of the President or the Vice President.
"As of now, no meeting has taken place to decide on NDA`s candidates. As part of NDA, SAD was never called to discuss the issue," the Junior Badal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"