‘NDA never offered Vice President’s post to Badal’
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said neither the NDA has offered the post of country`s Vice-President to SAD patriarch and Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal nor he was interested in it.
"The NDA has neither made an offer (to Parkash Singh Badal) nor he was interested in it," the SAD chief told reporters.
The Deputy Chief Minister was asked whether 84-year old Akali stalwart was the NDA’s choice for the post of the Vice-President.
Badal was never a candidate for the Vice-President’s post, he said.
The NDA never held a meeting to discuss its candidates for the post of the President or the Vice President.
"As of now, no meeting has taken place to decide on NDA`s candidates. As part of NDA, SAD was never called to discuss the issue," the Junior Badal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video