‘NDA never offered Vice President’s post to Badal’
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said neither the NDA has offered the post of country`s Vice-President to SAD patriarch and Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal nor he was interested in it.
"The NDA has neither made an offer (to Parkash Singh Badal) nor he was interested in it," the SAD chief told reporters.
The Deputy Chief Minister was asked whether 84-year old Akali stalwart was the NDA’s choice for the post of the Vice-President.
Badal was never a candidate for the Vice-President’s post, he said.
The NDA never held a meeting to discuss its candidates for the post of the President or the Vice President.
"As of now, no meeting has taken place to decide on NDA`s candidates. As part of NDA, SAD was never called to discuss the issue," the Junior Badal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday