Need to be vigilant against anti-national activities: BSF DG
Jalandhar: Appreciating the Punjab Frontier of the BSF for its role in checking cross-border smuggling of heroin, the Director General of the force today asked the security personnel to remain alert against anti-national activities.
"There is a need to be vigilant against the activities of anti-national elements. I appreciate the efforts of the personnel deployed in the area for checking the smuggling of heroin," BSF Director General Subhash Joshi said.
Joshi was addressing officials and personnel at the Punjab Frontier`s headquarters here on the last day of his two-day visit.
Inspector General of BSF Punjab Frontier Ajay Kumar Tomar, who was also present on the occasion, said Director General Joshi has announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for the team which killed 2 Pakistani smugglers in an encounter on January 4 and seized four kgs of heroin worth Rs 20 crore from them in the Amritsar sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke