Need to be vigilant against anti-national activities: BSF DG
Jalandhar: Appreciating the Punjab Frontier of the BSF for its role in checking cross-border smuggling of heroin, the Director General of the force today asked the security personnel to remain alert against anti-national activities.
"There is a need to be vigilant against the activities of anti-national elements. I appreciate the efforts of the personnel deployed in the area for checking the smuggling of heroin," BSF Director General Subhash Joshi said.
Joshi was addressing officials and personnel at the Punjab Frontier`s headquarters here on the last day of his two-day visit.
Inspector General of BSF Punjab Frontier Ajay Kumar Tomar, who was also present on the occasion, said Director General Joshi has announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for the team which killed 2 Pakistani smugglers in an encounter on January 4 and seized four kgs of heroin worth Rs 20 crore from them in the Amritsar sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption