Need to be vigilant against anti-national activities: BSF DG
Jalandhar: Appreciating the Punjab Frontier of the BSF for its role in checking cross-border smuggling of heroin, the Director General of the force today asked the security personnel to remain alert against anti-national activities.
"There is a need to be vigilant against the activities of anti-national elements. I appreciate the efforts of the personnel deployed in the area for checking the smuggling of heroin," BSF Director General Subhash Joshi said.
Joshi was addressing officials and personnel at the Punjab Frontier`s headquarters here on the last day of his two-day visit.
Inspector General of BSF Punjab Frontier Ajay Kumar Tomar, who was also present on the occasion, said Director General Joshi has announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for the team which killed 2 Pakistani smugglers in an encounter on January 4 and seized four kgs of heroin worth Rs 20 crore from them in the Amritsar sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH