Need to be vigilant against anti-national activities: BSF DG
Jalandhar: Appreciating the Punjab Frontier of the BSF for its role in checking cross-border smuggling of heroin, the Director General of the force today asked the security personnel to remain alert against anti-national activities.
"There is a need to be vigilant against the activities of anti-national elements. I appreciate the efforts of the personnel deployed in the area for checking the smuggling of heroin," BSF Director General Subhash Joshi said.
Joshi was addressing officials and personnel at the Punjab Frontier`s headquarters here on the last day of his two-day visit.
Inspector General of BSF Punjab Frontier Ajay Kumar Tomar, who was also present on the occasion, said Director General Joshi has announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for the team which killed 2 Pakistani smugglers in an encounter on January 4 and seized four kgs of heroin worth Rs 20 crore from them in the Amritsar sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Political blame-game begins as auto, taxi unions go on indefinite strike against app-based taxi services
- NGT seeks details of Rs 20,000 crore expenditure on cleaning Ganga
- Stolen LMG recovered in Punjab, red alert sounded for runaway BSF trooper
- India wants close security coordination with Bangladesh: Envoy
- LeEco launches new video membership brand for young consumers