Need to be vigilant against anti-national activities: BSF DG
Jalandhar: Appreciating the Punjab Frontier of the BSF for its role in checking cross-border smuggling of heroin, the Director General of the force today asked the security personnel to remain alert against anti-national activities.
"There is a need to be vigilant against the activities of anti-national elements. I appreciate the efforts of the personnel deployed in the area for checking the smuggling of heroin," BSF Director General Subhash Joshi said.
Joshi was addressing officials and personnel at the Punjab Frontier`s headquarters here on the last day of his two-day visit.
Inspector General of BSF Punjab Frontier Ajay Kumar Tomar, who was also present on the occasion, said Director General Joshi has announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for the team which killed 2 Pakistani smugglers in an encounter on January 4 and seized four kgs of heroin worth Rs 20 crore from them in the Amritsar sector.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!