`Next PM to be `dark horse` from regional party`
Chandigarh: Formation of third front is "inevitable" as people are fed up with "scam-hit" UPA and BJP has failed to prove itself as viable alternative, INLD chief Om Prakash Chautala said on Tuesday, while claiming that next Prime Minister will be from a regional party.
"The Congress-led UPA government has been hit by scams and has crushed all sections of the society, particularly the farmers and weaker sections, with its anti-people policies. The BJP, too, has failed to prove itself as a viable alternative.
"In this scenario, where people will surely vote out the Congress and have reservations on going with the BJP, formation of Third Front looks inevitable," the former Haryana chief minister said addressing a news conference here this evening.
He further claimed that the country`s next Prime Minister would be from a regional party.
"In the past too, we have seen such examples. Nobody had ever thought that Deve Gowda or IK Gujral could become Prime Ministers. After the next Lok Sabha polls too, some dark horse can emerge as the country`s next Prime Minister," he said.
When asked if his party would enter into tie-up with any other party before the next Lok Sabha polls, Chautala said, "ideologically and on principles, we are against Congress. As far as others are concerned, we are open, and they can either extend support to us or take our support".
On former Army chief, Gen VK Singh, taking part in INLD`s rally in Rewari on November 1, he praised the general saying he was a fine human being and had honoured his request to come in the function, which was celebrated to mark the 99th birth anniversary of former Deputy Prime Minister, late Devi Lal.
Asked if Singh could join the INLD, Chautala said there was no request from his party nor had the general expressed any such desire.
"However, if he joins our party, we will be very happy and will give him a warm welcome," he said.
Meanwhile, Chautala lashed out at the Hooda government in the state, saying it had failed on all fronts and "land scams had flourished during the regime".
He demanded probe by an independent Commission of Inquiry or by a sitting Supreme Court judge to go indepth into the land deals during the Hooda regime.
"Robert Vadra and DLF issue is just tip of the iceberg.
If proper and fair inquiry is held, land scams during the Hooda regime will be even bigger than the CWG and 2G scams," he alleged.
"This government has indulged in open loot of the state`s resources and extended favours to its favourites and the realtors. Even Land Ceiling Act was amended this year with retrospective effect from 1975 to extend benefits to a big company," he claimed.
Opposing FDI in multi-brand retail on the grounds that it will "destroy small traders with no major benefits to the farmers", Chautala apprehended that it will become a "safer route to bring back black money stashed abroad".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow