Nigerian arrested with Rs 1 cr contraband in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Chandigarh Police on Wednesday claimed to have busted a gang of drug peddling by arresting a Nigerian national and seized contraband having face value of Rs one crore in the street market.
About 30 grams of high-quality cocaine, said to be worth Rs 1 crore was seized from the accused, police said.
Godwin Ulo, presently residing in Mohali, was arrested near a forest nursery in Daria village here.
Ulo was arrested while he was on his way to Shimla to deliver the consignment to some unknown person, police said.
During interrogation, Ulo said that he was into this trade since 2010.
"He had developed links with other major drug peddlers in India and abroad, who are directly or indirectly involved in the smuggling and supplying of the contraband in India," a police official said.
He said that the accused had bought the consignment from another Nigerian, Atol, from Delhi.
He was booked under various sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act. Police are now looking for Atol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them