Nigerian held with drugs in Panipat
Chandigarh: A Nigerian was on Thursday arrested in
Panipat while he was allegedly trying to smuggle nearly 3 kg
heroin into the national capital.
26-year-old Odian Jewel was travelling in a Delhi-bound
bus from here when he was apprehended, Station House Officer
Naresh Ahlawat said.
During a brief halt at the Panipat stand, Jewel alighted
from the bus. Police then conducted a regular search operation
and found the heroin packets tied to his legs with some tape
material, he said.
The Nigerian was later produced before a Panipat Court
which remanded him to three-days in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says