Nigerian held with drugs in Panipat
Chandigarh: A Nigerian was on Thursday arrested in
Panipat while he was allegedly trying to smuggle nearly 3 kg
heroin into the national capital.
26-year-old Odian Jewel was travelling in a Delhi-bound
bus from here when he was apprehended, Station House Officer
Naresh Ahlawat said.
During a brief halt at the Panipat stand, Jewel alighted
from the bus. Police then conducted a regular search operation
and found the heroin packets tied to his legs with some tape
material, he said.
The Nigerian was later produced before a Panipat Court
which remanded him to three-days in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Indian submarine documents stolen, not leaked: French source
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO