Nigerian held with drugs in Panipat
Chandigarh: A Nigerian was on Thursday arrested in
Panipat while he was allegedly trying to smuggle nearly 3 kg
heroin into the national capital.
26-year-old Odian Jewel was travelling in a Delhi-bound
bus from here when he was apprehended, Station House Officer
Naresh Ahlawat said.
During a brief halt at the Panipat stand, Jewel alighted
from the bus. Police then conducted a regular search operation
and found the heroin packets tied to his legs with some tape
material, he said.
The Nigerian was later produced before a Panipat Court
which remanded him to three-days in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Apple quarterly profit slides 27% to $7.8 billion
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists