Nine killed in road mishap in Punjab
Barnala: Nine persons were killed and five others were critically injured when a Tata Venture carrying passengers collided with a truck at Pakho Kenchia Chowk in Punjab`s Barnala district on Saturday night.
According to television reports, six persons died on the spot while three others died on way to hospital.
All those killed belonged to Kotkapura town and were going to Patiala to offer prayers at the Kali Devi temple, reports added.
The truck driver is absconding.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death