Nine killed in road mishap in Punjab
Barnala: Nine persons were killed and five others were critically injured when a Tata Venture carrying passengers collided with a truck at Pakho Kenchia Chowk in Punjab`s Barnala district on Saturday night.
According to television reports, six persons died on the spot while three others died on way to hospital.
All those killed belonged to Kotkapura town and were going to Patiala to offer prayers at the Kali Devi temple, reports added.
The truck driver is absconding.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred