No clash between SAD-BJP over upcoming panchayat polls: BJP
Amritsar: Ridiculing Opposition claims that clashes were imminent between SAD and BJP during the upcoming panchayat polls, BJP on Thursday said the coalition partners will be jointly contesting the polls.
There is no difference between the alliance partners and SAD and BJP will jointly contesting the polls to root out Congress in the local bodies elections, BJP state vice president Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina today said.
Addressing a public meeting at Gumtala village on the outskirts of the city, Chhina said alliance between the two parties was historic and time-tested and there was no clash.
"Though local bodies elections are not contested on party symbols, yet parties support candidates. We will be supporting our candidates and there will be no clash with the Akalis," he said adding, the BJP will support candidates with "clean image and honest conduct."
"Villagers` progress is Punjab`s progress as Punjab lives in villages.
Development of the villages is priority of the SAD-BJP government and we will field honest candidates," Chhina added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'