No clash between SAD-BJP over upcoming panchayat polls: BJP
Amritsar: Ridiculing Opposition claims that clashes were imminent between SAD and BJP during the upcoming panchayat polls, BJP on Thursday said the coalition partners will be jointly contesting the polls.
There is no difference between the alliance partners and SAD and BJP will jointly contesting the polls to root out Congress in the local bodies elections, BJP state vice president Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina today said.
Addressing a public meeting at Gumtala village on the outskirts of the city, Chhina said alliance between the two parties was historic and time-tested and there was no clash.
"Though local bodies elections are not contested on party symbols, yet parties support candidates. We will be supporting our candidates and there will be no clash with the Akalis," he said adding, the BJP will support candidates with "clean image and honest conduct."
"Villagers` progress is Punjab`s progress as Punjab lives in villages.
Development of the villages is priority of the SAD-BJP government and we will field honest candidates," Chhina added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report