No developmental activities taking place in Punjab: Tewari
Chandigarh: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday attacked SAD-BJP led Punjab Government for "lawlessness" in the state and alleged that no developmental activities are taking place.
"The Union government allocates huge funds to the state for various development projects, yet it has been observed that the state is failing in its duty in providing civic and basic amenities to the citizens," alleged Tewari, addressing gatherings at Singhpura and Ayali Khurd villages in the district after a function.
He said "the state is suffering from lawlessness and corruption and there is no developmental activities."
MP said that in the Gill Assembly constituency (Ludhiana), the Union Government had recently released Rs 2.92 crore for 19 schools under the Rashtriya Madhymik Shiksha Abhiyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed