No developmental activities taking place in Punjab: Tewari
Chandigarh: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday attacked SAD-BJP led Punjab Government for "lawlessness" in the state and alleged that no developmental activities are taking place.
"The Union government allocates huge funds to the state for various development projects, yet it has been observed that the state is failing in its duty in providing civic and basic amenities to the citizens," alleged Tewari, addressing gatherings at Singhpura and Ayali Khurd villages in the district after a function.
He said "the state is suffering from lawlessness and corruption and there is no developmental activities."
MP said that in the Gill Assembly constituency (Ludhiana), the Union Government had recently released Rs 2.92 crore for 19 schools under the Rashtriya Madhymik Shiksha Abhiyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!