No developmental activities taking place in Punjab: Tewari
Chandigarh: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday attacked SAD-BJP led Punjab Government for "lawlessness" in the state and alleged that no developmental activities are taking place.
"The Union government allocates huge funds to the state for various development projects, yet it has been observed that the state is failing in its duty in providing civic and basic amenities to the citizens," alleged Tewari, addressing gatherings at Singhpura and Ayali Khurd villages in the district after a function.
He said "the state is suffering from lawlessness and corruption and there is no developmental activities."
MP said that in the Gill Assembly constituency (Ludhiana), the Union Government had recently released Rs 2.92 crore for 19 schools under the Rashtriya Madhymik Shiksha Abhiyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America