No developmental activities taking place in Punjab: Tewari
Chandigarh: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday attacked SAD-BJP led Punjab Government for "lawlessness" in the state and alleged that no developmental activities are taking place.
"The Union government allocates huge funds to the state for various development projects, yet it has been observed that the state is failing in its duty in providing civic and basic amenities to the citizens," alleged Tewari, addressing gatherings at Singhpura and Ayali Khurd villages in the district after a function.
He said "the state is suffering from lawlessness and corruption and there is no developmental activities."
MP said that in the Gill Assembly constituency (Ludhiana), the Union Government had recently released Rs 2.92 crore for 19 schools under the Rashtriya Madhymik Shiksha Abhiyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16