No developmental activities taking place in Punjab: Tewari
Chandigarh: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday attacked SAD-BJP led Punjab Government for "lawlessness" in the state and alleged that no developmental activities are taking place.
"The Union government allocates huge funds to the state for various development projects, yet it has been observed that the state is failing in its duty in providing civic and basic amenities to the citizens," alleged Tewari, addressing gatherings at Singhpura and Ayali Khurd villages in the district after a function.
He said "the state is suffering from lawlessness and corruption and there is no developmental activities."
MP said that in the Gill Assembly constituency (Ludhiana), the Union Government had recently released Rs 2.92 crore for 19 schools under the Rashtriya Madhymik Shiksha Abhiyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai