No misappropriation of SGPC funds: Makkar
Amritsar: The SGPC has always maintained its
accounts in a transparent manner and there has never been any
misappropriation of funds, its president Avtar Singh Makkar
said on Sunday.
Attacking former Punjab education minister and former
SGPC secretary Manjit Singh Calcutta, Makkar said he had no
authority to ask him about expenditures and other accounts of
Calcutta has alleged misappropriation of funds from
the SGPC exchequer.
He has further alleged crores of rupees were funded to
private Trusts by the SGPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH