No need for identity cards for SGPC polls: Badal
Kapurthala: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal today said there was no need to issue identity
cards to Sikh voters for upcoming SGPC elections.
Talking to reporters here, the SAD patriarch alleged
the Congress in connivance with Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management
Committee President Paramjit Singh Sarna was trying to take
control of the SGPC.
On the Congress` demand for providing identity cards
to eligible Sikh voters for ensuing SGPC polls, Badal said
"there is no need for this."
To a question, he said his government would not allow
terrorism and Naxalism to rear their ugly heads in the state.
When his attention was drawn towards rise in Naxal
activities in some districts of Punjab, the Chief Minister
told reporters that the state was fully geared to meet any
Addressing a religious gathering at village Begowal,
Badal said Rs ten crore would be given to each assembly
constituency for developmental purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security