No need for identity cards for SGPC polls: Badal
Kapurthala: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal today said there was no need to issue identity
cards to Sikh voters for upcoming SGPC elections.
Talking to reporters here, the SAD patriarch alleged
the Congress in connivance with Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management
Committee President Paramjit Singh Sarna was trying to take
control of the SGPC.
On the Congress` demand for providing identity cards
to eligible Sikh voters for ensuing SGPC polls, Badal said
"there is no need for this."
To a question, he said his government would not allow
terrorism and Naxalism to rear their ugly heads in the state.
When his attention was drawn towards rise in Naxal
activities in some districts of Punjab, the Chief Minister
told reporters that the state was fully geared to meet any
Addressing a religious gathering at village Begowal,
Badal said Rs ten crore would be given to each assembly
constituency for developmental purposes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!