No need for identity cards for SGPC polls: Badal
Kapurthala: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal today said there was no need to issue identity
cards to Sikh voters for upcoming SGPC elections.
Talking to reporters here, the SAD patriarch alleged
the Congress in connivance with Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management
Committee President Paramjit Singh Sarna was trying to take
control of the SGPC.
On the Congress` demand for providing identity cards
to eligible Sikh voters for ensuing SGPC polls, Badal said
"there is no need for this."
To a question, he said his government would not allow
terrorism and Naxalism to rear their ugly heads in the state.
When his attention was drawn towards rise in Naxal
activities in some districts of Punjab, the Chief Minister
told reporters that the state was fully geared to meet any
Addressing a religious gathering at village Begowal,
Badal said Rs ten crore would be given to each assembly
constituency for developmental purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan