No place for corruption in judiciary: Justice Jasbir Singh
Amritsar: Acting Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court Justice Jasbir Singh today said corruption has no place in the judicial system and everybody involved in the system should do the best to maintain the public faith in judiciary.
"Corruption has no place in the judicial system and corrupt official wouldn`t be spared at any cost," Justice Jasbir Singh said.
"People of the nation have immense faith in the judicial system, so everybody involved in the system should do the best to maintain the public faith in judiciary," Singh said.
Justice Jasbir Singh was here in the border town of Ajnala where he laid the foundation stone of Judicial Court complex. The project is likely to be completed within a period of one year.
He said that currently 41 benches were working in Punjab and Haryana High Court which have significantly enhanced the disposal of cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed