‘No political vendetta, Cong charges are baseless’
Mohali: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday asserted his government was not indulging in any political vendetta and accused the opposition Congress of making baseless charges in this regard.
"There is no political vendetta in the state. The Congress is left with no issue and is unnecessarily making baseless accusations," he told reporters here.
Yesterday, Congress MPs and MLAs from the state had met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the national capital and sought a CBI probe into cases of what they alleged political vendetta unleashed by the SAD against party workers.
Badal welcomed the Centre`s decision to name upcoming airport at Mohali as "Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport".
He, however, said politics should not be played on naming of an international airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore