‘No political vendetta, Cong charges are baseless’
Mohali: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday asserted his government was not indulging in any political vendetta and accused the opposition Congress of making baseless charges in this regard.
"There is no political vendetta in the state. The Congress is left with no issue and is unnecessarily making baseless accusations," he told reporters here.
Yesterday, Congress MPs and MLAs from the state had met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the national capital and sought a CBI probe into cases of what they alleged political vendetta unleashed by the SAD against party workers.
Badal welcomed the Centre`s decision to name upcoming airport at Mohali as "Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport".
He, however, said politics should not be played on naming of an international airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured