No respite from cold conditions in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: There was no let up in the persisting cold conditions in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Wednesday with the mercury dipping to nearly four degrees Celsius below normal in several parts of the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between one to four degrees Celsius below normal in several parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
Hisar was the coldest place in the region with a low of 3.7 degrees Celsius, which was three notches below normal.
Ludhiana braved a low of 4.4 degrees Celsius, four notches below normal whereas Karnal shivered at 4.6 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal.
Among other places in the region, Amritsar settled at a low of five degrees Celsius followed by 5.5 degrees Celsius at Ambala, three notches below normal, 5.7 degrees Celsius at Patiala, one notch below normal and 6.6 degrees Celsius at Bhiwani.
Chandigarh had a low of 7.3 degrees Celsius, showing slide rise in night temperature in the city.
Foggy morning and misty conditions prevailed in Amritsar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Karnal and Ambala.
The Met has forecast no respite from cold conditions in the region during the next 24 hours with foggy and misty conditions in certain areas of Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country