No respite from cold conditions in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: There was no let up in the persisting cold conditions in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh Wednesday with the mercury dipping to nearly four degrees Celsius below normal in several parts of the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between one to four degrees Celsius below normal in several parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
Hisar was the coldest place in the region with a low of 3.7 degrees Celsius, which was three notches below normal.
Ludhiana braved a low of 4.4 degrees Celsius, four notches below normal whereas Karnal shivered at 4.6 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal.
Among other places in the region, Amritsar settled at a low of five degrees Celsius followed by 5.5 degrees Celsius at Ambala, three notches below normal, 5.7 degrees Celsius at Patiala, one notch below normal and 6.6 degrees Celsius at Bhiwani.
Chandigarh had a low of 7.3 degrees Celsius, showing slide rise in night temperature in the city.
Foggy morning and misty conditions prevailed in Amritsar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Karnal and Ambala.
The Met has forecast no respite from cold conditions in the region during the next 24 hours with foggy and misty conditions in certain areas of Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read