No respite from heat in Punjab, Haryana; Amritsar hottest at 40.2 °C
Chandigarh: Sweltering heat on Friday continued unabated in Punjab and Haryana as maximum temperatures rose marginally across the region.
According to MeT office, Amritsar in Punjab was the hottest place in the region as it recorded the maximum temperature at 40.2 degrees C, two notches up than normal level.
Union Territory Chandigarh had a high of 37.4 degrees C.
Among other places in Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded maximum temperatures at 38.4 degrees C and 37 degrees C respectively.
In Haryana, Hisar and Karnal recorded maximum at 39.8 degrees C and 38.6 degrees C respectively while Ambala and Bhiwani had a high of 38.1 degrees C and 38.4 degrees C.
MeT department, in a forecast, said rains or thundershowers may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana on May 11 and May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'