No respite from heat wave in Punjab, Haryana; Hisar hottest at 46.5
Chandigarh: Intense heat wave conditions prevailed in Punjab and Haryana with mercury hovering above 44 degree Celsius across both the states.
Hisar was the hottest place at 46.5 degree Celsius, up by five notches above normal, Met department said here today.
Among other places in Haryana, Ambala recorded a high of 44.9 degree Celsius, up by five degrees above normal while Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded maximum at 45.6 degree Celsius and 44 degree Celsius, respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala settled at 45.5 degree Celsius, 45.6 degree Celsius and 45.5 degree Celsius respectively, rising by 4 notches above normal.
Chandigarh sizzled at 44.4 degree Celsius, up by five degrees above normal.
Met department in its forecast said heat wave will continue to prevail in most parts of Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in