No respite from heat wave in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Heat wave conditions prevailed in neighbouring states of Punjab and Haryana on Tuesday, with Hisar recording the maximum temperature at 43 degrees Celsius.
In Haryana, Bhiwani recorded a high of 41 deg C while Mercury in Ambala touched 36 deg C mark, two notches above normal. Karnal recorded maximum at 35.4 deg C.
Union Territory Chandigarh experienced a hot and humid day at 35.7 deg C, up two notches.
In Punjab, Amritsar remained the hottest place at 38.5 deg C, up four notches above normal.
There was no relief from sweltering heat for the residents of Ludhiana which saw Mercury touching 36.6 deg C mark and 36.1 deg C in Patiala.
The weather department has forecast light to moderate rainfall or thunder showers at isolated locations in the two states over the next three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital