No talks about third front with Mulayam: Sukhbir
Jalandhar: Quelling speculation of a third front, Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) president Sukhbir Badal on Sunday said only NDA will form next government at the Centre and no conclusion should be drawn from the meeting between him and SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Sukhbir said, "there was no question of third front in the present political scenario as only NDA would form the next Government at the Centre after Lok Sabha elections whenever they are held."
Yadav (Mulayam) has old relations with us and Om Parkash Chautala family, and we keep on meeting on various social occasions exchanging our notes, "nothing political should be read between Yadav meeting me," said the Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab.
He was answering media queries after a function held here to pay tributes to CPI (M) stalwart late Harkishan Singh Surjit.
Yesterday Yadav had an intriguing meeting with Sukhbir at the latter`s residence in New Delhi.
The SP chief is understood to have discussed the possibility of the two parties joining hands in the event of formation of a non-Congress government, sources had said.
Sukhbir said people of this country have already made their mind to kick out the most corrupt Government and bring back NDA to power.
The SAD president said with "UPA-II on ventilator, early elections were inevitable."
He clarified that opposition of SAD to FDI was known to everyone as UPA has taken this decision to help a few multinational companies at the cost of 120 crore poor citizens of the India.
Paying rich tributes to Surjit, Badal recalled his valuable contribution especially during coalition era of Indian politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- DCW chief booked for naming Dalit rape victim, says not scared
- Delhi: Raped by 30-yr-old man, 4-yr-old girl undergoes surgery
- Strong need of creating awareness on organ donation: Experts
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress
- Financial weakness hindering domestic airlines' international expansion