Nominating Rahul as PM candidate will drown Congress: Sukhbir Singh Badal
Bathinda: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday attacked the Congress and said nominating Rahul Gandhi as the prime ministerial candidate of the party would "drown the sinking ship of the Congress".
"This singular step would be sufficient to drown the sinking ship of Congress in the general elections," Sukhbir said.
Congress has recently faced massive debacles in state polls and now electorates of the country would repeat the same mandate in the national polity, he said, while talking to reporters during a `Sangat Darshan`.
Talking about the development of Punjab, Sukhbir said the state would witness unprecedented and complete transformation of rural and urban areas in the next two years.
He reiterated his resolve to make Punjab a number one state in the country on all fronts. Punjab had made country self-reliant on the food security front, and now the state has also made itself self-reliant in power generation besides having best roads and air-connectivity, he said.
Meanwhile, Bathinda MP and Sukhbir`s wife, Harsimrat Kaur Badal said neither country nor states can witness development and growth without the formation of NDA government.
"Formation of NDA is must in the interests of the nation," Harsimrat said, adding the national political stage was ready to decimate the Congress-led UPA government.
Sukhbir also said that more than 80 per cent development projects in Bathinda have been completed and they have directed officials to expedite remaining projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say