Normalcy returns to Ludhiana
Ludhiana: Curfew was on Wednesday lifted in this violence-hit industrial town of Punjab with the situation returning to normalcy, a senior police official said.
The curfew, which was imposed following the incident was relaxed yesterday, officials said, adding, however, as a precautionary measure it was clamped again at 10 PM last night.
All business and commercial establishments, banks and educational institutions opened today in the city.
There was no untoward incident reported when the curfew was relaxed, SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill said.
Violence erupted on Saturday last after police and some Sikhs objecting to a religious congregation by Ashutosh Maharaj clashed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar