Normalcy returns to Ludhiana
Ludhiana: Curfew was on Wednesday lifted in this violence-hit industrial town of Punjab with the situation returning to normalcy, a senior police official said.
The curfew, which was imposed following the incident was relaxed yesterday, officials said, adding, however, as a precautionary measure it was clamped again at 10 PM last night.
All business and commercial establishments, banks and educational institutions opened today in the city.
There was no untoward incident reported when the curfew was relaxed, SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill said.
Violence erupted on Saturday last after police and some Sikhs objecting to a religious congregation by Ashutosh Maharaj clashed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love