Normalcy returns to Ludhiana
Ludhiana: Curfew was on Wednesday lifted in this violence-hit industrial town of Punjab with the situation returning to normalcy, a senior police official said.
The curfew, which was imposed following the incident was relaxed yesterday, officials said, adding, however, as a precautionary measure it was clamped again at 10 PM last night.
All business and commercial establishments, banks and educational institutions opened today in the city.
There was no untoward incident reported when the curfew was relaxed, SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill said.
Violence erupted on Saturday last after police and some Sikhs objecting to a religious congregation by Ashutosh Maharaj clashed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley