Nothing wrong in fielding kin of leaders: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Friday found nothing wrong
in inclusion of a number of relatives of senior leaders in its
list of party nominees for Punjab Assembly polls, saying the
most important thing was a candidate`s ability to win.
"In a long list of different states, you will find few
persons related to each other. That happens in every party in
every election. The crucial point is that are they persons
having a standing of their own with a winability quotient in
that area," party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
He said no party was so "foolish" as to give
deliberately ticket to somebody who is sure to lose thereby
destroying its own chances of forming government only because
that person is related to another person.
"Please don`t think that Congress party thinks like that
because we are not imbued with suicidal tendencies", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender