Notification on Police Commissioner system soon: Sukhbir
Jalandhar: A notification on introducing
the Police Commissioner system in Jalandhar, Ludhiana and
Amritsar cities will be issued within a week, Punjab Deputy
Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Wednesday.
"There is a procedure to be adopted before issuing the
notification. The same will be completed within a week," he
he told reporters here.
Last week, the Punjab cabinet decided to introduce the
the Police Commissioner system in the three cities as part
of government`s move to bring reforms in the administraton.
Sukhbir, who also holds the Home portfolio, said to
strengthen the functioning of the state police, it was decided
to monitor the performance of each district after every three
He said the Administrative Reforms Commission was likely
to submit its preliminary report at its its meeting to be held
on February five.
The Commission would submit its report in phases and,
accordingly, its recommendations would be implemented, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!