Notification on Police Commissioner system soon: Sukhbir
Jalandhar: A notification on introducing
the Police Commissioner system in Jalandhar, Ludhiana and
Amritsar cities will be issued within a week, Punjab Deputy
Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Wednesday.
"There is a procedure to be adopted before issuing the
notification. The same will be completed within a week," he
he told reporters here.
Last week, the Punjab cabinet decided to introduce the
the Police Commissioner system in the three cities as part
of government`s move to bring reforms in the administraton.
Sukhbir, who also holds the Home portfolio, said to
strengthen the functioning of the state police, it was decided
to monitor the performance of each district after every three
He said the Administrative Reforms Commission was likely
to submit its preliminary report at its its meeting to be held
on February five.
The Commission would submit its report in phases and,
accordingly, its recommendations would be implemented, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie